ARF CONTINUES TO WORK ON MINIMISING ITS ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT WITH ERRONKA GARBIA-SUSTAINABLE EVENT
The 21st edition of the ARF Festival has once again been awarded the Erronka Garbia-Sustainable Event certificate by Ihobe (Basque Government), which aims to raise awareness among all those attending and organising the event of the importance of minimising environmental impact and caring for our surroundings.
The Festival based on the Erronka Garbia Methodology:
- ACTS: identifying the impacts and seeks alternatives for their reduction by implementing improvements in each new edition.
- MEASURE: establishing indicators to evaluate all the festival’s consumption.
- COMMUNICATES: involving and raising awareness among all interested parties involved in the festival (public, artists, work teams, suppliers, institutions, etc.).
organiser of the Azkena Rock Festival, is B Corp
B Corp is a global movement that evaluates and verifies the efforts made by an entity such as Last Tour to generate a positive social impact for society, the people linked to it, and the environment, as well as to continually revisit its social transformation goals.
Some key factors in becoming part of the B Corp community are:
- Reducing the environmental impact through a strict waste reduction and recycling system, promoting sustainable transport, and prevention and awareness programs against sexual assaults and for gender equality
- Hiring local teams.
- Maximizing its social and cultural impact by providing free concerts.
- civic commitment and the donations made from the festivals to projects to support migrants, reforestation, and the Food Bank.
- Initiatives to support people who work in the live music industry during the pandemic
- Economic impact on the city of Vitoria.
Our glasses are the basis of the sustainability of the Azkena Rock Festival. That precious object that you carry from the beginning to the end of the festival is the key, like an impeccable soundcheck. We have an arsenal of unique, cool and reusable cups that seek to cause the minimum environmental impact and avoid mountains of plastic post-festival.
ARF also has a treatment system for different types of waste, so that by separating them we can make the most of resources.
In addition, ARF has the Erronka Garbia seal, a certificate approved by the Basque Government that recognises that events such as the Azkena Rock Festival integrate environmental measures in the design and organisation to minimise negative impacts on the environment.